Saturday, March 10, 2012

Psalm 130 - 132


Study 106 – Psalm 130 and 131

1.      The psalmist is crying out to God from the very depths of his soul. He begins by acknowledging his overwhelming need for forgiveness and the amazing extent of God’s mercy and grace. The image is then given of a watchman waiting for the approaching morning sun. As surely as the sun comes up, the Lord’s answer will come as well.

2.      My heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me; I have quieted my soul.



Study 107– Psalm 132

1.      The presence of God among His people brings peace, provision, and joy. The King was responsible for placing his people in a position to receive such blessing. Without his leadership the people would certainly stray from the way of the Lord.

2.   We fail to receiving the joys and blessings of God’s presence by straying from the path that He has marked for us. It is when we chart our own course that we fall into the traps that the enemy has set before us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home