Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Lord's Prayer

Before Jesus utters "The Lord's Prayer" He says, concerning the pagans, "Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him." He then goes on to say, "This, then, is how you should pray . . ." -- Matthew 6:8-9

It would seem that Jesus is saying that we don't need to ask what we think that we need to ask for. The problem is not with God not knowing what we need. The problem is with us not knowing what we truly need. We need to ask for what He wants us to ask for. The Lord's Prayer doesn't change Him -- it changes us.

The Lord's Prayer lets us know what the real need is!



My Interpretation of The Lord's Prayer:


Dad, Wow, I can't believe that I can call you that!
Thanks for adopting me!
As your new son/daughter; please help me to always bring honor to your name.

You already know what I need.
You provided that for me today, just like you have every other day.
I don't even have to ask!
It's always there!
It's always enough!

I'm not here to talk about anything else that I think that I need.
You already know about all of that without me even asking!
I'm here to find out what you need from me.
How can you use me to advance your kingdom? I'm here to receive Your Majesty's orders.

Forgive me for all the times that I have failed your eternal cause; and help me to do the same for those have failed my feeble one.
I am amazed at how good you are at forgiving me for so much and at how horrible I am at forgiving others for so little!
Help me to be more like you!

Concerning my provisions; please don't give me so little that I will be easily tempted to despair, jealousy,  and greed.
And, please don't give me so much that I become sidetracked from what is important.
Restrain me from living beyond your daily provision.
Make me deaf to Satan's call for more!

Your kingdom is the one that matters -- not mine!
Your kingdom is the everlasting one -- not mine!
Help me to remember that.

For the sake of your name, help me to build your Kingdom instead of hindering it!
Make it so, my Father, my Lord, and my King!

Please, make it so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home